Disney trips in the fall are magical! The changing of the season, the anticipation of costumes and candy treats, the joy of being together as a family on vacation all are heightened when you add a little Disney fun into your Halloween plans.
The good news is you can have some ‘not so spooky’ fun at Disney throughout the months of September and October (with a few dates in August and November for good measure). To delight in the frightfully fun happenings and to create some boo-tiful memories, check out these five ways to celebrate Halloween at Disney.
1. Attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party This special ticket event at the Magic Kingdom is held multiple times each week, beginning in late August. Parties feature special meet n greets with costumed characters, a Halloween parade lead by the headless horseman, a spectacular fireworks show, dance parties and the best trick or treat spots.
2. Dress Up as a Family for the Party You will see everything from family themed costumes to cute pumpkin embellished tee shirts. Check out my Disney Costume Pinterest Board for some great ideas.
3. Stay at The Campsites at Fort Wilderness and Go Trick or Treating Campers at Fort Wilderness love to decorate their RVs and campsites and on Halloween Night guests of the Fort are invited to Trick or Treat with their neighbors.
4. Take a Wagon Ride and then head over to Chip 'N Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long Also at Fort Wilderness, guests from every resort are invited to giddy up for an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride along along scenic trails. After your ride around the fort, enjoy ‘smores, cowboy songs and a movie under the stars at Chip ‘N Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long.
5. Set Sail for Halloween on the High Seas Special Halloween Party at Sea Sailings are offered from September through October aboard all of Disney Cruise Line’s fleet of ships. From traditional pumpkin carving to eerie campfire style storytelling to Mickey's Mouse-querade Party, including a dance party and trick or treating, Disney Cruise Line offers the ultimate spooky jubilee at sea!